2 DAYS / 8 TRADERS / 1 WINNER
SECOND IN THE KERB TRILOGY OF STREET FOOD BATTLES… (Flipping the tables on The Bucket List back in May).
ALL THIS VEGAN talent spurting up on London’s streets, bending minds, cracking carnivores, shifting perceptions. We’ve brought together eight of the best vegan wizards out there to conjure up two days straight of vegan indulgence for EVERYONE to enjoy.
Not a mung bean or buddah bowl in sight, this one’s luring ALL LONDONERS in with deep fried buffalo wings, chocolate brownie mud pies, red Thai curry pots, chip butties and Tandoori naans (but not as you know them). Enter the unknown, TRY THEM ALL, vote for your favourite and live on the (V)EDGE.
THE CONTENDERS BATTLING IT OUT FOR KERB’S GOLDEN CARROT:
- Biff’s Jack Shack – double fried jackfruit buffalo wings speared on sugar cane bone with maple bourbon hot sauce, blue cheese, toasted almond kale slaw and a fresh seared peach
- Petare (Bucket List reigning champ!)- Venezuelan ‘chip butty’ arepa stuffed with cassava chips, sweet fried plantain, “feta”, avocado and garlic sauce
- Lemlem Kitchen – Timtimo split pea afro-taco, served on injera with a red cabbage and ginger slaw, and pickled chillies and seeds.
- Eat Chay – Korean BBQ Bahn Mi baguette filled with crispy seitan, mushroom walnut pate, pickled carrots, parsnips and sriracha mayo
- Spice Box – charred makhani-smothered tandoori cauli steak with coriander chutney and homemade pickles on a grilled naan
- Temple of Seitan – fried ‘chicken’ slider in an agave mustard glaze
- Greedy Khao –Thai red curry tofu and butternut squash pillows on soy sesame slaw and hom mali rice
- Young Vegans – chocolate peanut butter mud pie brownies
- Every ticket holder will receive EIGHT portions – one dish from every trader, and a free cocktail on entry. Early Birds start at £25. (3 sessions available: Friday evening / Saturday afternoon / Saturday evening).
- When you’ve tried it all, vote for your favourite at the VEG Wall of Fame
- Extra portions can be bought throughout the event.
- Kids under 12 can enter for free during the Saturday lunch session, but does not include food.
KERB bar, cocktail bar and beer bar (serving up Vegan specials)
Live DJs carrying on the party till late, Mr Potato Head’s vegetable decorating corner plus more