KERB has made a name for itself as a leader in London’s street food industry. We exist to back raw talent and create a platform for brilliant, independent businesses – from startups to seasoned pros – to thrive across our many markets, events and beyond.
Since launching, we’ve created a lot of noise across our various channels and received great coverage as we’ve grown. This has largely been organic and instinctive – now it’s time to ramp up. We are seeking a brilliant, entrepreneurial marketeer to seize this new role and strategically guide us to reaching a wider and more engaged audience.
APPLY BY: 22/03/17
LOCATION: Camden – and across London
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Full-time, permanent
START DATE: ASAP (preferably by mid-April 2017)
To manage, run and develop the marketing output across the company. This is a completely new role that requires a really dynamic, strategic, clued-up and results-driven person to bring to life and help elevate the entire public face of the business.
KERB is a multi-faceted company with a whole raft of elements to promote all year round. From regular lunch markets, to our Private/Corporate catering wing, large-scale one-off Public Events and workshops. Underpinning all this is telling the story of KERB as a culture, community and leader in the London food scene.
Strategic planning and stealth action in harnessing, maintaining and progressing our voice online, in public and face-to-face are key. This is also a very practical role – and in a small team – so the ability to execute ideas effectively is fundamental. The Head of Marketing will be in charge of her/his own department (with a full-time Marketing Assistant underneath them) and will be a fundamental part of the KERB team, creating coherence and consistency of messaging across all departments and a beautiful written and visual tone of voice.
This role requires initiative, vision, insight, the ability to have great ideas and to execute them – as well as previous experience in marketing management and the desire to be part of an unusual, flexible and dynamic business and its ongoing growth.
This role will include:
- Planning of all marketing activity and strategy in the business
- Overseeing and implementing a strong KERB presence at all Markets and Events
- Database management and development (with external support)
- Website content management
- Effective and strategic storytelling via KERB Life and regular newsletters
- Social media campaigns – ongoing and specific
- Marketing materials creation and management
- In-house PR (with external support)
- Managing and helping to develop our Marketing Assistant
- General KERB activities
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WITH:
- Proven track record and hunger for strategic, spontaneous and applied storytelling and marketing
- A firm grasp of marketing principles
- Outstanding hustle
- Proactive / self-starter able to focus and operate in a free-style work environment
- Experience of project and people management and ability to manage all aspects of a project to completion
- Social media savvy
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to customers and traders and developing long-term relationships
- Excellent computer skills – and ideally design skills (inDesign and/or Photoshop)
- An interest and understanding of the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Ability to adapt communication style according to the audience
- Ability to delegate as well as take direction when necessary
- Love of the outdoors and food’s role within the city
- Willingness to attend relevant events in order to promote KERB and its traders
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve (Team player essential)
- Your CV
- A short covering letter (500 words max)
- Your availability date
Deadline is 22nd March but if an exceptional candidate is found we may employ sooner