2 DAYS / 8 TRADERS / 1 BUCKET
** FRIDAY TICKETS NOW SOLD OUT. Tickets available on the door on Friday if you come down before 8pm. Saturday tickets for both sessions still available **
Last year we threw London’s first fried chicken battle and you went crazy for it; fried chicken lovers gathered from all over London and beyond to indulge in one big hot bed of fried chicken talent and vote for the best. GOOD NEWS: WE’RE BRINGING IT BACK THIS YEAR!
The fried chicken game in London is still strong as ever and we’ve picked out some of the best bird bosses out there to go head-to-head under the King’s Cross Canopy this July. 8 traders / 2 days / 1 winner – and YOU decide who gets crowned the 2018 KERB Colonel, knocking last year’s reigning champ, Petare, off the top spot to claim the golden cock. Or will Petare’s Venezuelan masa-fried wonder win again?
THE BUCKET LIST:
- Morley’s (special guest) – South London’s favourite Fried Chicken Franchise [established 1985]
- Thunderbird (KERB Alumni) – “Chipuffalo Wings”. Buffalo-Chipotle wings with pickled celery and truffled blue cheese
- Butchies (special guest) – Butchies’ chicken strip with bone broth gravy
- Petare * REIGNING BUCKET LIST CHAMPION 2017 * – coming back with that winning guava glaze, habanero mayo, Venezuelan style masa-fried thigh
- Bian Dang – General Tao’s Taiwanese crunchy, hot, sweet and tangy chicken drumsticks with a side of edamame and Asian slaw
- Da ja chicken– Fried Chicken with Octo Vinaigrette (the perfect balance of savoury, sweet, sour and spicy)
- Mother Flipper – Korean Wings – soy glaze, spring onion, Korean chilli flakes, black sesame seeds (1 piece per person ie one drum or one flat)
- BBQ Dreamz – Filipino adobo glaze wings
- Every ticket receives a portion of fried chicken from each Bucket List trader.
- When you’ve tried it all, vote for your favourite
- Extra chicken creations and extra sauces can be bought throughout the event.
- Kids under 12 can enter for free during the Saturday lunch session, but does not include food.
Care of KERB’s own Bucket List Bar…. get ready for KERB-FC Bloody Mary’s, Rooten Tooten rum floats (KERBlaboration with Nonna’s hand-churned vanilla gelato), fruity pineapple and gin ‘Creme de la Cluck”’s, Square Root’s hand-squeezed seasonal sodas plus beers from our favourite London craft brewers Fourpure, Five Points Brewing Company and Chapel Down wines to compliment the crunch-down on all that HOT CHICKEN.
KERB resident house-party DJ’s carrying the party on ’til late (including Joe Lennard and KERBanist Alex from South East Cakery!)
Sponsors Frank’s RedHot sauce will be bringing their branded photo booth, beer pong games, a peep board and KERB’s favourite corn-hole. Plus there’ll be a Bucket Hat decorating on the Saturday Day session.
Last year’s highlights…