WHAT: Kitchen Porter WHEN: October 2019 REPORTS TO: Market Manager LOCATION: Covent Garden SALARY: £10.55ph
WE ARE HIRING! We are looking for some experienced Kitchen Porters to join the team at Seven Dials Market, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden.
Open seven days a week from 11am-11pm, Seven Dials Market delivers an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment, meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during busy lunchtimes and as a nighttime destination.
You will be responsible for the highest level of cleanliness ensuring the kitchen area and all equipment remains clean, free from clutter and debris whilst adhering to health and safety standards. Preparing work surfaces and assisting with basic food preparation. You must show a willingness to learn, and take direction from senior members of the team. You will need to show that you are able to work independently, use your own initiative and stay calm in a busy environment. You will need to be well presented and professional as the role involves liaising with customers, so you will need to be able to communicate effectively and confidently. You will represent and uphold Seven Dials Market public image at all times.
- Arrive punctually for every shift, in a complete, clean uniform and follow the signing-in procedure.
- Support the back of house team maintaining high levels of cleanliness.
- Washing various utensils, pots, glassware, pans and kitchen equipment.
- Polishing of cutlery.
- Ensuring all bowls and plates split to correct traders.
- End of day clearance and start-up of KP area daily. Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, including all equipment at the end of each day and the beginning of every service.
- Responsible for making sure all traders equipment is washed and returned to each kitchen.
- All bowls and plates split to correct traders in bus boxes to be distributed by FOH cleaning team.
- Clean other areas or equipment as directed.
- Use chemicals as trained.
- Keep stores areas neat and tidy.
- Be aware of responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at Work and follow all procedures.
- Fully responsible for upholding Seven Dials Market’s values and working practices.
- Ensure trays, cutlery and other implements are in clean and in constant rotation.
- All due diligence to be followed.
- All PPE followed to be followed and H&S procedures adhered to.
- Responsible for waste removal, empty bins and ensuring waste and food waste is disposed of safely and correctly, including bailing throughout the day, green bins are emptied and monitored, glass crashing, and rota bin crushing.
- Be part of the Seven Dials Market family.
- Good command of the English language.
- Committed to guest and colleague care.
- A fast learner with an interest in food and beverage.
- Outstanding organisational and prioritising skills.
- Demonstrate pride in the appearance of the workplace and a desire to maintain excellent levels of cleanliness throughout.
- A confident, friendly and approachable personality, able to communicate with customers where necessary
- Have good working relationships with everyone they come into contact with at work, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional way.
- Able and willing to take direction from senior team members
- Actively listen to and able to learn from other team members
- Willing to attend role-based training as and when required.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to stay calm and focused in a busy environment.
- Able to build strong relationships with team members.
- Physically fit to carry out duties.
- Able to stand for long periods of time in various temperatures.
Please feel free to spread the word.