WHAT: Account Manager WHEN: January 2021 REPORTS TO: Partnerships Manager LOCATION: Glasgow / Edinburgh / surrounding areas SALARY: £35,000
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
Lockdown hit us hard, but we picked ourselves up and are doubling down and coming back harder – across all areas of our business.
KERB Events Limited is a joint venture with Compass Group UK. As part of this partnership, KERB Events Limited will be expanding into Scotland, to lend our flavour and food obsession to the Compass Scotland team and help grow our business nationally.
This new role is aimed at growing KERB’s network, awareness and opportunities in Scotland. It is a hybrid role that will sit under KERB Events Limited but will also work in conjunction with our partners Compass Scotland and Feedr, a food tech platform connecting offices to fresh, sustainable and healthy meals from the best artisan vendors.
The main focus of the Account Manager role will be to build and manage our overall partnership with Compass Scotland as well as all individual venue and event contracts. Based at Edinburgh Zoo, this role will oversee the KERB offer at the venue, working closely with the onsite team. In addition, this role will have a large business development element, both in terms of scouting new food talent, as well as identifying and developing new commercial opportunities for Compass, KERB & Feedr in the Edinburgh and Glasgow areas.
This is a really exciting opportunity that will be instrumental to KERB’s national growth and give you the opportunity to shape the future of our new venture.
The day to day will include:
- Building close relationships with Scotland-based street food traders and independent businesses to build, retain and grow this community
- Identify and cultivate new traders and food businesses who would fit the KERB ethos
- Be the main point of contact for this growing trader community, offering them support and providing excellent communication
- Identifying new clients and venues that might benefit from KERB and/or Feedr’s offer
- Create a cultivation strategy for new business
- Produce quotes and proposals and negotiating commercial agreements, with input from our partners, for clients and venues, including both retail and pre-paid catering
- Work closely with the Compass team at the Edinburgh Zoo to develop a street food retail and events offer, including commercial proposals, event planning and on-site management
- Planning and management of all additional events to include contracting, site visits, liaising with traders, menu curation, organising and hosting tastings, the production of event briefs and the management of all client requirements and amendments and on-site management when required
- Management of event-specific budgets, ensuring that all events are hitting target GPs
- Organising and attending site visits and client meeting, always representing KERB’s brand and values
- Participation in partner and client entertaining where required as well as area-based event and food industry events, to raise awareness of KERB’s presence in Scotland
- Providing regular and accurate financial reports to the Partnerships Manager and finance team and on occasion the MD and FD
- Understand, analyse and monitor trader performance
- Explain the use of Feedr’s technology platform to vendor partners, ensuring they are comfortable and self-sufficient in supporting day to day operations
- Collaborate with KERB & Feedr marketing teams to promote our trader community and develop unique content for our customers
- 2-3 years experience of account management, ideally in the events or hospitality sectors and looking to build something from scratch
- Must be based in Edinburgh/Glasgow or the surrounding areas
- Strong commercial awareness
- Great communication skills
- A self-starter, with the ability to manage projects from start to finish
- Experience working with varied stakeholders
- An understanding of food and restaurant operations
- Tech savvy and quick to learn new technologies
- Experience of EPOS systems – if you’ve used Good Till, even better!
- An understanding of the current Edinburgh and/or Glasgow-based events and catering industry
- An strong interest and knowledge in the independent food industry and wider food scene of Edinburgh and/or Glasgow
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relationships
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Drivers license
- A love of food!!
- Outstanding hustle
Please apply with:
- A short covering letter (500 words, max) focusing on practical examples of your vision for the role, strategy and tactical output.
DEADLINE: Wednesday 1 December 2021
INTERVIEWS: Friday 10 December 2021 (Edinburgh)