WHAT: Assistant General Manager WHEN: January 2022 REPORTS TO: General Manager LOCATION: Covent Garden SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
Seven Dials Market is KERB’s first permanent home and brings together a progressive line-up of independent food businesses, all with roots in the city’s streets and markets, all under one roof.
The role of the Assistant General Manager is to support the General Manager and take ownership of the market ensuring all front and back of house areas are in keeping with the operational standards set out by KERB, ensuring constant exemplary level of service and hospitality. Working on a rota basis to cover all trading periods. You’ll support, supervise and lead the front of house team’s daily activities in accordance with SDM’s values and goals. Exceed customer expectations, achieve profitability and promote a positive, productive and engaged work environment to deliver the world’s greatest food hall.
- Support and assist the General Manager in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times including financial, H&S and people targets.
- Lead by example at all times as an ambassador for Seven Dials Market
- Take full ownership of our bar outlets and work closely with the GM, KERBs Head of Bars & on-site bar team to ensure drinks products and service excel in their field whilst achieving financial targets & excellent stock management.
- Ordering of wet and dry stock to par levels and organising the acceptance of these deliveries. Regular communication with our warehouse and other suppliers.
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure delivery of their Service Level Agreements
- Constant review of systems and practices to ensure high level of on-site productivity.
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and all key stakeholders
- Work closely with the OM to manage the overall logistics of the site ensuring H&S compliance
- Ensure on-site practices are in line with company sustainability policy.
- Work closely with Event Manager assisting with the production and execution of events and activations
- The main point of contact for all team members at SDM reporting back to GM where necessary.
- Constant review and development of on-site teams, supporting their individual training plans.
- Responsible for teams performance and knowledge levels on both food & drink ensuring a real enthusiasm for the products.
- Work closely with the GM and KERB’s internal people team on recruitment, training and compliance for members of the Seven Dials Market team
- Shape and create a culture and environment where people want to work, always referring back to Seven Dials Market Culture and Hospitality manual.
- Work closely with the GM and onsite teams to ensure maximised profitability and achieve set financial targets.
- Write weekly rotas for all onsite teams, working closely with Supervisors and GM for production and sign off.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for KERB within the Covent Garden community and build strong relationships with local residents and neighbouring businesses.
- Maintain and manage relationships with KERBs community of independent drink brands.
- Support GM with all Charity Partner initiatives
- Live and breath SDM values in all your working practices
- Minimum 2 years experience in a bar / food service environment with team management experience
- Personal License Holder (essential)
- Proven track record & hunger for driving sales forward with an eye on the quality of KERB’s product
- Proactive / self-starter with tons of initiative
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relations
- Ability to adapt communication style according to the audience
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to set targets and motivate the team in achieving them and reporting on progress
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate and conduct oneself in a clear, diplomatic and authoritative manner
- Outstanding hustle
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: Wednesday 1 December 2021