WHAT: Assistant General Manager (Seven Dials Market) WHEN: May/June REPORTS TO: General Manager LOCATION: Covent Garden SALARY: £35K
KERB’s vision is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up. We operate markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful corporate catering arm, KERB Events Ltd.
Seven Dials Market is their flagship venture, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden. Open seven days a week delivering an array of food retail, street food and entertainment meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during busy lunch and as a nighttime destination.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Support and assist in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times including financial, H&S and people targets.
- Strong knowledge and experience with independent drink brands and bar management, sourcing best value and implementing efficiencies.
- Responsible for teams performance and knowledge levels on both food & drink ensuring a real enthusiasm for the products.
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Uphold a culture and environment where people want to work
- Work closely with the General Manager and KERB’s internal people team on recruitment, training and compliance for members of the Seven Dials Market team
- Rota production achieving financial targets
- Work closely with the EM and onsite teams to deliver events and activations
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience of working in a high turnover restaurant having led a team of 10+ heads
- Good knowledge of running bars and drink service
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Customer service focused
- Personal Licence Holder
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- A knowledge of KERB markets and/or events is useful but not essential
- Passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Monday 3rd May