WHAT: Bars Manager WHEN: May - June 2022 REPORTS TO: Head of Bars LOCATION: Shoreditch HQ / Mitcham / National Theatre / Seven Dials Market / out & about SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
We are looking for a Bars Manager to coordinate all aspects of bar management across KERB Events including standalone venue projects such as the National Theatre, ExCeL and Seven Dials Market. This is a fast paced role where no two days are the same and the incumbent will be expected to manage the bar operations at our public & private events as well as other activities & projects throughout the year.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- To support on planning and managing a range of bar operations across KERB Events and other projects
- Excellent understanding of EPOS & stock management systems
- Assist site managers in all aspects of beverage purchasing to ensure quality and profitability
- Cocktail menu development, design & delivery including staff training
- Support with managing supplier relationships
- Supporting with stock management, stock control and rotation and expiry dates and reporting back to Head of Bars
- Organise and lead Month End Stock Takes in a hands on capacity
- Perform daily/ weekly line checks on key products
- An experienced bar tender/manager with a minimum of 2 years experience of working in a similar role, ideally in a high turnover wet led environment
- Experience using EPOS systems
- An interest in the independent food industry and wider food scene of London
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relationships
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Outstanding hustle