WHAT: Bars Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: General Manager LOCATION: Seven Dials Market, Covent Garden SALARY: 40K / pa
The role of the Bars Manager is to support the General Manager and take ownership of the wet-led operation at Seven Dials Market, ensuring all front and back of house areas are in keeping with the operational standards set out by KERB, ensuring constant exemplary level of service and hospitality.
Working on a rota basis to cover all trading periods, you’ll support, supervise and lead the bar team at our 2 busy bars in accordance with SDM’s values and goals. You’ll lead the training and development program for the venue, ensuring the entire team can efficiently serve the best quality mixed drinks at speed, and with a smile.
You’ll make sure we exceed customer expectations, achieve profitability, minimise waste, control GP and promote a positive, productive and engaged work environment to deliver the world’s greatest food hall, and brilliant drinks to boot.
- Support and assist the General Manager in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the bars at all times including delivering on financial, H&S and people targets
- Run our 2 bars
- Lead by example at all times as an ambassador for Seven Dials Market – exceptional hospitality only
- Take full ownership of our bar outlets and work closely with the GM, KERBs Head of Bars & on-site bar team to ensure drinks products and service excel in their field whilst achieving financial targets
- Ensure excellent stock management
- Order wet and dry stock to par levels and organise the acceptance of these deliveries
- Ensure regular communication with our warehouse and other suppliers
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure delivery of their Service Level Agreements
- Review systems and practices constantly to ensure high level of on-site productivity
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and all key stakeholders
- Support management team to make sure that Seven Dials Market is legally compliant with H&S, Food Hygiene, fire regulations, licencing laws and sales of goods/ trading standards
- Ensure on-site practices are in line with company sustainability policy
- Work closely with Event Manager assisting with the production and execution of events and activations
- Work with the management team to maintain and manage the venue’s equipment
- Support management team to roll out learning and development initiatives
- Minimum 3 years experience in a bar / cocktail environment with team management experience
- Personal License Holder
- A flexible approach to working hours as the role will require evening and weekend work
- Proven track record & hunger for driving sales forward with an eye on the quality of KERB products
- Proactive / self-starter with tonnes of initiative
- Experience managing hospitality teams in a fast-paced, demanding restaurant, bar or food hall environment
- Strong people management skills, working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver high performing teams who work hard but have a whole lot of fun whilst they’re doing it
- Excellent people skills, confident with customers, traders, large teams and developing long-term relationships
- An interest and understanding of London’s street food industry and wider food scene
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem-solve
- Outstanding hustle
- 20% off all KERB food & drink
- Hybrid/flexible working
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) + birthday day off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Refer a friend bonus
- Enhanced maternity and paternity after 2 years
We strive to be a company that is inclusive in terms of age, gender, identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can be happy at work.
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to join the team, please get in touch today!