WHAT: Digital Marketing Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Venue Director LOCATION: National Theatre SALARY: From £40,000
The National Theatre, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up.
Lockdown hit us hard, but we picked ourselves up and are doubling down and coming back harder – across all areas of our business.
To manage, run and develop the digital marketing output across KERB’s presence within a leading Arts Venue. This role requires you to be dynamic, strategic, clued-up and results-driven in bringing to life and helping to elevate the entire public face of the business.
Strategic planning and stealth action in harnessing, maintaining and progressing our voice online – in public and face-to-face – are key. This is also a very practical role, so the ability to execute ideas effectively is fundamental. The Digital Marketing Manager will be in charge of all digital comms and marketing activations for the venue and will be a fundamental part of the KERB Events Ltd team, creating coherence and consistency of messaging across the different departments and, bridging the gap between the Venue, KERB Event’s Ltd and Levy UK + I.
This role requires initiative vision, insight, the ability to have great ideas and to execute them – as well as strong digital marketing skills and the desire to be part of an unusual and dynamic business and its ongoing growth.
- Harnessing digital marketing tools and reservations platforms as a way to sell!
- Planning of all marketing activity at the Venue bars, restaurants and cafes, aligned to KERB’s values.
- Ensuring consistency of communications and strategic storytelling across all channels
- Widening our reach and looking for new and innovative ways of attracting customers
- Improving data capture and customer insight
- Building loyalty to bring our audience along with us as we grow
- Creating processes for effective briefing, day-to-day management and measurement of output
- Managing budgets and resources
- Getting to know the Venue community in order to be able to communicate fluently
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Customer database growth and CRM
- Website optimisation and SEO
- Website content management
- Setup and management of all SEM (AdWords, Facebook Ads etc.)
- Content & social media strategy/campaigns (alongside the Marketing Boss) tied to our mission and pillars
- Marketing materials creation and management – graphics/video/images (w/MB)
- Event and lunch market activation and promotion
- Local outreach and development of local business partnerships and relationships
- Owning the KERB brand and regularly reviewing and refreshing our guidelines
- Developing and managing relationships with press agencies, London articles and international press
- Weekly departmental planning and ideation meetings
- Monthly results-focused reporting and strategy meetings
MARKETING MANAGEMENT IN DETAIL
- Creation of a timeline and calendar so all upcoming Venue events are planned in, with measures to activate marketing and promo in place
- Allocating time and resources strategically, depending on the various events and new projects KERB launches
- Developing new and interesting ways to keep KERB’s voice relevant in London’s food world
- In-depth web analytics and monthly marketing reports
- Expert knowledge managing SevenRooms & event ticket platform
- Strong experience in advertising across social, PPC, Google Ads etc.
KERB PRESENCE – RESTAURANTS, BARS, CAFES
- Ensuring there is a solid KERB presence on all outlets
- Supporting traders on promotions and competitions (on-site and online, pre-launch and ongoing) – ideas and actions
- KERB collateral & signage kept updated
DATABASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Significantly growing the database – online and on-site
- Innovative data capture onsite
- Manage and segment data for relevant sections of the business
IN-HOUSE PR – PRESS RELEASES AND PRESS CONTACT
- Managing the Venue’s in-house press agency
MARKETING MATERIALS – CREATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Overseeing flyer creation
- Photography management (ensuring KERB photos are current, relevant and easily found!)
- New ideas to market KERB within the Venue
GENERAL KERB ACTIVITIES:
- A real digital-first maestro with a deep understanding of all things numbers and sales
- Good communication at all times
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- Choosing the most efficient way of working based on each week’s commitments
- Setting deadlines and meeting them
- Full completion of each job to the end and clear explanation of delegated duties to others
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business – particularly on site
- Contributing to wider KERB plans in regular team meetings
- A sense of humour
- Commitment to having good quality time off when not working
- Reading and understanding the KERB Culture document
This list is in no way exhaustive and you may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!).
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com