WHAT: Drinks Runner WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager LOCATION: Seven Dials Market SALARY: 11.95 per hour + Service Charge HOURS: Full-Time, Part -Time
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses, and operate Seven Dials Market – our flagship central London food hall – that sees 4,000 visitors eat and drink at our 20 independent food businesses and two bars every day of the week.
We are a hospitality-obsessed and people-first company that believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
As a Drinks Runner, you’ll be the go-to person for keeping the good times flowing. Your mission: serving drinks to our fabulous guests with a smile and lightning speed. You’ll team up with our bartenders and servers to make sure everyone’s having a blast.
You will be supporting the management and supervisor teams to ensure that all front and back of house areas are up to the operational standards set out by KERB and Seven Dials Market.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently and accurately deliver beverages to guests’ tables, ensuring the correct orders are served promptly and recognising any allergy requirements.
- Collaborate with servers and bartenders to maintain a smooth flow of drink orders, supporting the team in providing exceptional service.
- Keep service areas clean and organised, including ensuring that glassware and drink stations are well-maintained.
- Assist with cleaning and putting away glassware
- Interact with guests in a friendly and courteous manner, responding to their requests and inquiries promptly.
- Relay any special requests or guest feedback to the appropriate team members or management.
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- Interest in the hospitality industry; previous entry-level experience in a bar or restaurant is not mandatory, but will be considered a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people skills, able to communicate confidently with staff, guests and traders
- An eye for detail and use of initiative to keep the venue looking and feeling great
- Flexibility to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays
- A love of food and drink
- Outstanding hustle
- You will receive 20% off food and drink at Seven Dials Market, KERB Markets and 15% off food and drink at the National Theatre
- Perks at Work – access to 30,000+ national & local employee discounts
- Full training provided
- Career progression – international expansion
- Access to the Hospitality Action Employee Assistance programme
- CODEapp annual membership
- Team Socials
As part of our values, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity at KERB. We actively celebrate our teams’ different abilities, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone, from any background, is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us. Applicants are encouraged to share with our People Team any accommodations or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process