WHAT: Events Sales Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Head of Events LOCATION: KERB HQ SALARY: £40k HOURS: Full Time
WHAT: Event Sales Manager
WHEN: Start January 2023
LOCATION: In the office (Moorgate) + out and about & nationwide
REPORTS TO: Head of Events, KERB Events Limited
KERB is dedicated to creating opportunity and joy, from the KERB up. We run exceptional street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful event and catering business, KERB Events Limited.
The Event Sales Manager will be a key member of the KERB Events team, responsible for selling the KERB product as well as working with clients to plan the delivery of the package you have created for them. Your primary role will be to drive events revenue, and manage key KERB accounts, including venues, agencies and direct bookings. Effective communication, an eye for detail and a proactive approach will be key for success within the role.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
SALES, PLANNING AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Driving event catering revenue through sales strategy and sales performance
- Responding to event enquiries in an effective and timely fashion
- Producing quotes and negotiating job scope and costs with clients, including upselling to clients when possible
- Specific responsibility for KERB’s larger and more complex enquiries and events, especially within KERB’s most prestigious venue listings
- All pre-event planning to include site visits, contracting, trader briefings, menu development, and the management of all client requirements and amendments
- Development of a productive and candid relationship with the operation team, remaining active as the main point of contact for your client and their account.
- Working collaboratively with the operations team, traders and clients, ensuring all details are covered, and stakeholders expectations and requirements are managed effectively.
- The willingness to get stuck in on-site when necessary, we are all in this together, and sometimes you have to be willing to get your hands dirty.
- Aftercare with clients and traders, especially ascertaining aspects of the service that could be improved and with the goal of securing repeat business.
- Taking ownership of personal sales targets, and management of event budgets from quote to completion.
- Regular reporting to the Head of Events on sales performance
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working in event sales, ideally within an events catering company, venue or agency.
- Experience in venue and/or client account management
- A proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- A strong understanding of commercial models and quoting systems
- Business development experience and the drive to be part of KERB’s growth
- An understanding of the current London-based events and catering industry
- An interest in the independent food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make events more exciting
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to clients and traders in a consultative manner, developing long-term relationships
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Outstanding hustle
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!), including some unsociable hours and weekends.
- 20% off all KERB food & drink
- Hybrid/flexible working
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) + birthday day off
- CODE app
- Private Medical Insurance (Vitality)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave after 2 years
- Bonus scheme
- Lots of socials
- Personal training budget after 6 months
- Office snacks
As part of our values, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity at KERB. We actively celebrate our teams’ different abilities, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone, from any background, is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us. Applicants are encouraged to share with our People Team any accommodations or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.