WHAT: Finance Business Partner WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Venue Director LOCATION: National Theatre, Southbank SALARY: £45K - £48K dependent on experience
The National Theater, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB’s vision is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up. We operate markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful corporate catering arm, KERB Events Ltd.
KERB Events Limited is a joint venture with Compass Group UK. As part of this partnership, KERB Events Limited will become the sole F&B provider for this high-profile performance venue in central London, looking after all public-facing catering as well as internal hospitality and commercial events.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will be reporting to the Venue Director to provide commercial financial support to KERB’s Finance Director and the Operations Team onsite. You will actively participate in the development of the finance function to continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to commercial activities undertaken.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Health, Safety & Environment
Ensure the finance team are working in a safe environment.
- Observe the site for any H&S issues and report them to the appropriate Operations Manager.
Client/Consumer Sales & Marketing
- Financial evaluation of capex appraisals
- Support of client rebids
- Ensure financial implications of client contracts are understood and enforced
- Develop action plans with Operations to improve margins
- Proactively work with credit control, operations and the client to ensure invoiced debt is collected to terms
- Optimise consumer pricing with operations and data analyst to increase revenue and margins
- Work with operations and purchasing function to ensure, correct into-unit prices are set, purchasing compliance is maximised, food wastage is minimised – and food wastage is appropriately forecast and recorded, menus are properly costed to enable accurate forecasting of Cost of Sales advance – advise Operations of any impact
- Work with operations to optimise / minimise labour and in-unit overhead costs
- Ensure Ops teams have labour planners in place and they are actively used – support in the preparation of these
- Ensure costs are accurately captured and recorded in the correct periods
- Ensure all revenue is captured and recorded and that cash controls are in place
- Ensure adequate financial controls are operating on site to minimise / eliminate risk of losses & theft
Finance Management & Performance Reporting
- Achievement of forecasts and budgets and relevant KPI’s
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process to ensure robust and challenging targets are set
- Review and actively control risk on the balance sheet
- Development of system driven business intelligence with robust management information
- Ensure accounting entries comply with Group Accounting Manual
People Management & Performance Reporting
- Ongoing forecasting of future requirements within the team, bringing awesome people into the business
- Take ownership for departmental induction, talent management and succession planning sharing resource plans with other functions and central Resourcing
- Through appraisal process identify technical and behavioral development needs ensuring development plans are aligned to business strategy
- Ensure engagement through effective communication, recognition and positive people management
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2 – 5 years experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running- If you’ve worked in hospitality – even better!
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Xero and relevant financial qualifications
- Highly numerate and organised individual with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written. It is important that you are able to provide support and leadership to the team whilst being confident to follow up on deadlines in an effective way.
- Building relationships with your co-workings and external stakeholders is important to be able to deliver an effective finance function
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism with handling sensitive data and information
- Being able to manage your own workload in addition to supervising and supporting the team around you is key. Having and creating clear processes to ensure deadlines are met and control processes are always in place.
- Outstanding hustle
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!)