WHAT: Finance Business Partner WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Finance Director LOCATION: Shoreditch / Covent Garden SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on qualifications)
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will be reporting to the Finance Director to provide commercial financial support. You will actively participate in the development of the finance function to continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to commercial activities undertaken.
- Financial evaluation of capex appraisals
- Develop action plans with Operations to improve margins
- Proactively work with KERB’s central finance team, operations and clients to ensure invoiced debt is collected
- Work with operations to optimise / minimise labour and in-unit overhead costs
- Ensure Operations teams have labour planners in place and they are actively used – support in the preparation of these
- Ensure costs are accurately captured and recorded in the correct periods
- Ensure all revenue is captured and recorded and that cash controls are in place
- Achievement of forecasts and budgets and relevant KPI’s:
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process to ensure robust and challenging targets are set
- Review and actively control risk on the balance sheet
- Development of system driven business intelligence
- Working with the Finance Director on the preparation and filing of the quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with the preparation of the weekly and monthly profit and loss accounts
- Preparing schedules and reports as required including;
- Supporting the Finance Director with KPI reporting
- Assisting with weekly and monthly reporting to the owners
- Assisting in developing and improving the Management Information Pack
- Cost/Margin and Profitability Analysis
- Provides input to the financial evaluation of business cases
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2 – 5 years experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running- If you’ve worked in hospitality – even better!
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Xero and relevant financial qualifications
- Highly numerate and organised individual with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written. It is important that you are able to provide support and leadership to the team whilst being confident to follow up on deadlines in an effective way.
- Building relationships with your co-workings and external stakeholders is important to be able to deliver an effective finance function
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism with handling sensitive data and information
- Being able to manage your own workload in addition to supervising and supporting the team around you is key. Having and creating clear processes to ensure deadlines are met and control processes are always in place.
- Outstanding hustle
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!)
Apply Harri below.