WHAT: Floor Supervisor WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: General Manager / Assistant General Manager LOCATION: London SALARY: £12.50ph
KERB is a membership organisation dedicated to the incubation and acceleration of London’s most innovative and delicious street food businesses. KERB runs exceptional street food markets, one-off food events, workshops, consultancy, bars and has developed a successful corporate catering wing.
Our newest project is the biggest yet – Seven Dials Market, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden. It is open seven days a week from 11am-11pm and delivers an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during a busy lunch and as a nighttime destination.
The role encompasses ensuring that day-to-day floor service at Seven Dials Market runs smoothly. Supporting the management team on ensuring all health and safety practices are adhered to, as well as leading staff briefings and assigning sections, are all some of the elements of this role.
We will expect you to take ownership of the market when you’re on shift, and ensure that all front and back of house areas are in keeping with the operational standards set out by KERB and Seven Dials Market . You will be working on a rota basis to cover all trading periods.
Being part of the management team, you will be an ambassador for KERB and Seven Dials Market working with our other departments, such as security and cleaning to ensure that the service level agreements are achieved.
You will also assist the events team in staging events including set-up, execution, management and communications.
- Take ownership of Seven Dials Market as London’s greatest food hall. Supporting the General Manager in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times
- Oversee the day to day operation and ensure the market is operated to the highest standards daily
- Ensure the traders are complying with the expectations that are set out for them and all health and safety practises are adhered to
- Queue management and customer engagement – being the voice and face of KERB/ Seven Dials Market on the ground
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support and assist in operating and maintaining the market to maximize profitability whilst ensuring that standards and policies are maintained
- Acting as a Brand Ambassador for KERB within the Covent Garden community
- Health and Safety for site when on duty
- Food Safety Standards
- Proactive management of floor crews performance and standards
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and traders
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
- Experience of working in a large space environment
- Customer service focused
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live.
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com.