WHAT: Understudy Assistant General Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Understudy General Manager LOCATION: National Theatre SALARY: £28,000 - £32,000
The National Theatre, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up.
Lockdown hit us hard, but we picked ourselves up and are doubling down and coming back harder – across all areas of our business.
Working within one of the most iconic Venues in London you will report to the Unit General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Support and assist in all aspects of the Units operation to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times including financial, H&S and people targets.
- Strong knowledge and experience within an F&B setting.
- Responsible for teams performance and knowledge levels on both food & drink ensuring a real enthusiasm for the products.
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Uphold a culture and environment where people want to work
- Work closely with the Unit General Manager and KERB Events Ltd internal people team on recruitment, training and compliance for members of the Unit
- Rota production achieving financial targets
- Work closely with the Events Managers and onsite teams to deliver events and activations
- Experience of working in a high turnover restaurant having led a team of 10+ heads
- Good knowledge of running bars and drink service
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Customer service focused
- Personal Licence Holder
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- A knowledge of KERB markets and/or events is useful but not essential
- Passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com