WHAT: Food Boss WHEN: January 2021 REPORTS TO: KERB CEO LOCATION: Shoreditch, Seven Dials and across London SALARY: According to experience
KERB is dedicated to the incubation and growth of innovative and delicious food businesses. We run exceptional street food markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering wing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead on building out the next great stars of independent food to support the growth of KERB projects across London, UK-wide, and even further afield, and work to support existing KERB traders across these opportunities too.
Do you have your ear (or tongue…) to the ground, are able to lead in the hunt for the next Bleecker Burger, Bao or Pizza Pilgrims, and can support their development into the stars of tomorrow?
Do you have unrivalled and broad knowledge of the London food scene?
Do you geek out over new food goings on, as well as the classics?
Do you know what’s hot, who’s coming through, and are clued up on local and global food trends?
Can you see through fads and style over substance to get to the core of a business with true potential?
The new KERB Food Boss will lead on the scouting for, and developing of, our 2021 inKERBator programme, working with partners to oversee greater diversity and deliciousness across our pool of independent businesses.
We are looking for prior experience of working in, or with, independent food businesses and for skills in coaching, support, guidance and motivating new entrepreneurs to hit their potential.
We are looking for a strong communicator, confident and able to talk to multiple businesses of varying levels of output and experience, and be confident upholding the kitemark of high quality that KERB markets and traders maintain, across all existing and every new business that joins the ranks.
If your interests, experience and talents marry great independent food with strong coaching, development and communication, this unique and dynamic role is for you.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Lead on the scouting and development of the next generation of independent food stars across London
- Identify gaps in the trader offer and proactively seek to fill them with existing or new businesses
- Work with the KERB events and food hall teams to build out a pipeline of new businesses ready and able to take the step up
- Be the first point of contact for traders within KERB, maintaining the KERB community network
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and traders
- Take time to understand their businesses, monitor and support them in improving their overall performance including menu design, sales growth and levels of customer service
- Lead on the development of our new inKERBator programme focused on quality and diversity
- Act as mentor and coach to all new inKERBator traders
- Support and guide the operational development of new and existing businesses
- Unrivalled knowledge of the London food scene
- Experience working in or with independent food businesses
- An interest in the independent food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better and more delicious place to live
- A keen commercial eye and a focus on sustainability (financial, social, environmental)
- A good grasp of relevant tech – all our systems are cloud based
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to clients and traders in a straightforward and open manner and developing long-term relationships
- An understanding of the way independent food businesses operate and a willingness to work in a strategic way to support them in tailoring / focusing their business
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.