WHAT: General Manager WHEN: July/Aug 2021 REPORTS TO: CEO LOCATION: Seven Dials Market- Covent Garden SALARY: From £50K
KERB is dedicated to the incubation and growth of innovative and delicious food businesses. We run exceptional street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
Seven Dials Market is KERB’s permanent, indoor food hall in the heart of Covent Garden. The main food hall, nicknamed the ‘Banana Warehouse’ spans two floors and is home to two bars run by the venue, three micro restaurants, a coffee shop and seven food kiosks. Further elements include a market bookshop and ‘Cucumber Alley’, home to a mix of crafters and producers.
We opened in September 2019 and having navigated the difficulties of covid we now need an exceptional, experienced General Manager to take the venue to new heights, focusing on two of our key pillars: ‘exceptional hospitality’ and ‘brilliant food only’. The role therefore focuses on bringing together the ultimate hospitality experience, working with our phenomenal traders to deliver great food, with our bar team to offer the best selection of independent beverages and with our floor team to create the best service in town.
We are looking for someone with a very strong, high volume bar/wet led background. Maximising the potential of the bars and inspiring a team to push these forward is key to the continued success of the market.
Further to this you will lead the SDM team to achieve exemplary service, hospitality and financial targets whilst ensuring a high standard of engagement with customers and tenants.
- Take ownership of Seven Dials Market as London’s greatest food hall
- Manage the day to day operation, ensuring the venue is operated to the highest standards daily
- Setting clear roles and responsibilities for the management team and supervisors, ensure the team are constantly being developed and that they feel well supported and motivated
- Work closely with people team on recruitment, training and compliance for members of the Seven Dials Market team
- Confident in leading the progress of our bar offer and ensure continued revenue growth and product development as well as service innovation
- Ensure the traders are compliant in accordance with their license to operate and are complying to the expectations set out for them
- Act as a brand ambassador for KERB within the Covent Garden community with the Event Manager and team
- Lead weekly management meetings with your team to monitor results, plan ahead and celebrate successes
- Attend monthly finance review meetings
- Lead monthly trader meetings, and quarterly 1:1 meetings
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and traders
- Ensure timely and accurate information and documents are provided for the accounts department and CEO
- Participate in setting budgets and KPIs and be accountable for delivering on both
- Support Operations Manager with the overall logistics of the site including waste, cleaning, clearing, H&S, deliveries etc
- Ensure compliance through the FoodAlert system
- Ensure we are constantly delivering ‘exceptional hospitality’
- Shape and create a culture and environment where people want to work
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience working in a large, dynamic hospitality venue with bars at the core
- Background in F&B having led and developed a team of 20+ staff
- Strong high volume bar/wet led experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Hospitality obsessive – clued up on the constant progress in London food and bars.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Monday 21st June