WHAT: Group Bar Manager WHEN: May - June 2022 REPORTS TO: Head of Bars LOCATION: Shoreditch HQ / Southbank / Covent Garden / out 'n' about SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
We are looking for a Group Bars Manager to coordinate all aspects of bar management across KERB Events including standalone venue projects such as the National Theatre, ExCeL and Seven Dials Market. This is a fast paced role where no two days are the same and the incumbent will be expected to manage the bar operations at our public & private events as well as other activities & projects throughout the year.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- To plan and manage a range of bar operations across KERB Events and other projects
- Excellent understanding of EPOS & stock management systems (preferably GoodTill)
- Assist site managers in all aspects of beverage purchasing to ensure quality and profitability.
- Track customer behaviour and sales, reporting back to Head of Bars
- Cocktail menu development, design & delivery including staff training
- Manage supplier relationships
- Collaborate with our Warehouse Manager on stock management, enforcing first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
- Provide direction and assistance to departments regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, efficient control and utilisation of financial resources.
- Cellar Management (attendance during opening hours, stock control, stock rotation, ad-hoc stock checks, checking expiration dates etc)
- Maintains inventory control and par stock adherence in line with audit requirements.
- Organise and lead Month End Stock Takes in a hands on capacity.
- Perform daily/ weekly line checks on key products
- An accomplished mixologist with a minimum of 2 years experience of working in a similar role, ideally in a high turnover wet led environment
- Experience using GoodTill or a similar EPOS system
- An understanding of the current London-based events and catering industry
- An interest in the independent food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make events more exciting
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relationships
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Outstanding hustle