WHAT: Head of HR WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: People & Culture Director LOCATION: Shoreditch HQ / Southbank / Covent Garden SALARY: £50,000
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up.
We are looking for a Head of HR to support us through the next phase of growth and ensure the smooth running of our company practices and procedures. You will constantly find new and better ways to make KERB the most positive place to work and grow, both as a team and as individuals. You are a clear communicator who offers constructive and empathetic support when approached or when approaching the team. Developing relationships with ease whilst maintaining a level of professionalism and trust comes easy to you. You will be working closely with our People & Culture Director to oversee people projects, recruitment, onboarding and culture as we continue to expand the KERB Group this year.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure all of our company processes are compliant with employment regulations and oversee that our team act in line with these policies.
- Lead the HR function and people team.
- Lead on all ER issues having an approachable and engaging personality whilst maintaining the appropriate level of professionalism and tactfulness when handling team member issues.
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition Manager to make sure we attract and onboard the best suited candidates for open roles.
- Work with KERB’s marketing team and our People and Culture Director on employer brand with the goal to win best employer awards.
- Monitoring various aspects of an employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave using the HR system.
- The skill of managing and conducting appraisals and probation meetings with other members of the team.
- Ability to assist in the build of L&D, performance management and well being programmes.
- Identifying the need for HR, management and performance training of the team, and being able to conduct this training yourself.
- Experience and passion for driving our diversity & inclusion programmes.
- Work with the People & Culture Director and Finance Director on setting and reviewing pay structures and employee perks and benefits.
- Develop HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- 2 – 5 years experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running.
- This role requires a huge amount of generalist HR expertise, strong ER capabilities and an understanding of TUPE
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 is essential, however Level 7 is desirable
- A highly organised individual with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Solid understanding of HR practices and employment law
- If you’ve worked in hospitality – even better!
WHO ARE LOOKING FOR?
- A real people person who thrives on connecting with people and making people feel good
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live
- Outstanding hustle
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!)
Apply Harri below.