WHAT: Event Manager WHEN: August 2019 REPORTS TO: General Manager/ Assistant General Manager LOCATION: Covent Garden SALARY: Covent Garden
Seven Dials Market will be our biggest project yet – a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden. It will be open seven days a week from 11am-11pm and deliver an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during a busy lunch and as a nighttime destination.
The role involves selling & managing the event space at Seven Dials Market to corporate and private clients. There will also be a strong event management element to the role, seeing events through from the sales process through to on-site management and delivery on the day and aftercare.
This role also includes the responsibility of developing a varied and dynamic music and live events programme. To cement Seven Dials Market’s status as a destination venue, this role will curate an exciting in-house programme of live music, performing arts and other, creative entertainment.
Although highly reactive to external demand, they will also be instrumental in carrying out proactive business development activity to support the General Manager achieve revenue targets. This multifaceted role will include:
- Sales and business development
- Event management
- Live event programming
SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- To generate revenue through the commercial and corporate hire of the event space
- Responding to event enquiries in an effective and timely fashion
- Producing quotes and negotiating job scope and costs with clients
- Produce a range of events from small meetings to private dinners
- To deliver outstanding service to the clients specification including research, creative event proposals, budgets, negotiation and management of suppliers, database management, site visits, and onsite management
- Up-selling the KERB service where appropriate
- Client account management including effective follow-up to ensure clients are well engaged
- Venue and client cultivation to include targeted communication and entertaining when necessary
- Marketing support when required to include the creation of newsletter, social media and website content as well as the creation of bespoke entertainment opportunities for venues and clients
- Manage events ensuring all clients’ needs and requests are met, and all operational requirements are coordinated, support multiple clients’ and events at any one time.
- On-site management of events, to include supervising traders and acting as main POC for clients and venue contact
- Main point of contact for all event suppliers, including but not limited to entertainment providers, AV companies, hire/rental companies to include pre-event communication, negotiating rates, logistics, contracting and invoices
- Responsibility for staffing to include crew, front of house staff and any additional event managers
- Creation and maintenance of all event budgets, including the ability to reduce event costs where possible
- Pre-event briefings for traders and clients
- Site visits with clients and/or traders where required
- Collating and managing the storing of useful client testimonials, logos and photos of traders and events
MUSIC & LIVE EVENTS PROGRAMME
- To lead on the strategy, planning and delivery of a varied and dynamic Music and Live Events Programme at Seven Dials Market, making use of the stage and other performance locations within the market
- To work with artists and arts & creative industry partners to create an engaging programme
- To be responsible for preparing schedules, budgets and project plans to be approved by the General Manager
- To build strong links with local and national music and performing arts individuals, venues and other relevant local organisations to help establish the Programme
- To work with the General Manager to monitor the Music and Live Events Programme and to evaluate its impact in detail
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason), including some unsociable hours.
- Experience and knowledge of the field of event management and/or event catering is essential
- Previous sales experience is essential for this role, must be willing and capable to quote and negotiate. An understanding of the ability to effect win/win solutions
- Prior experience of delivering and exceed against revenue targets and KPIs
- Prior experience in maintaining key client and supplier relationships
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactively
- Experience in a live music and/or performing arts environment
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- A personal interest in live music and performing arts
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live.
- Hands-on person who can hit the ground running
- Willingness to work irregular and occasionally anti-social hours when required
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com.