WHAT: Hospitality & Events Staff WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager / Supervisor LOCATION: National Theatre, Southbank SALARY: We are proud to pay London Living Wage of £11.05 per hour!
The National Theatre, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB @ National Theatre is on the lookout for Hospitality staff to join the team.
To be considered for a role with us you will have:
- Experience in hospitality and Customer Service
- Experience delivering exceptional hospitality ideally in day to day catering operations
- Barista skills(not essential)
- Experience working with Till systems
- Bar Experience
- Welcome guests to events and provide them with helpful information that will enhance their experience
- Excellent people skills, confident in dealing with customer queries
- Following instructions from General Manager
- Ensuring the cleanliness, operational efficiency and maintenance of designated areas
- Attention for detail
- A positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- A love of food
- Outstanding hustle
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent, confident communication skills are essential. You will need the ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels to both individuals and large groups.
- The ability to work under front line pressure whilst maintaining a professional approach to providing an efficient and effective service at all times.
- You will be a highly enthusiastic and motivated team player who can demonstrate a genuine passion and belief in creating and providing first-class customer service alongside your colleagues.
- Cooperation and collaboration skills are essential
- Willingness to work across all other catering outlets (training will be provided)
- Specialised previous experience in some areas may be an advantage for some posts: barista experience would be beneficial and knowledge of catering and bars would be helpful.
All the necessary training will be provided