WHAT: Host WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager LOCATION: Seven Dials Market SALARY: £11.95 / Hour Plus Service Charge HOURS: Full-Time, Part -Time
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses, and operate Seven Dials Market – our flagship central London food hall – that sees 4,000 visitors eat and drink at our 20 independent food businesses and two bars every day of the week.
We are a hospitality obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
The role of Host is vital to ensuring an exceptional customer experience in the day-to-day service and for ensuring that the host station at Seven Dials Market runs smoothly at all times. This role would be ideal for someone with a passion for exceptional service.
You will be supporting the management and supervisor teams to ensure that all front and back of house areas are up to the operational standards set out by KERB and Seven Dials Market.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Venue Operations
- You will be responsible for the highest level of service at all times
- You’ll be able to take direction from senior members of the team, but also be able to work independently, using your own initiative and staying calm in a busy environment
- Delivering table service and great hospitality during day-to-day, as well as any venue events and activations
- Communicate effectively with all departments including trader teams
- Good understanding of Seven Dials Market reservation & door system:
- Reservation administration on Seven Rooms as required
- Seat and assisting customers with various requests
- Adhere to Reservation policies and ensuring the customer journey is amazing
- Support the Floor Manager in ensuring that customer flow in and out of the venue is as smooth as possible
- Product/system knowledge
- Have an excellent understanding of the food and drink offering at SDM and be able to make suggestions and recommendations to guests based on their preferences
- Have an excellent understanding of the ordering systems and customer journey on site and be able to suggest improvements as required
- Uphold great communication with all departments to maximise table turnover and customer experience
- Deal with any customer queries, complaints/issues and escalate to line manager when necessary
- Previous experience in bar, pub, or venue operations is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory role and a strong background in venue opening and closing procedures
- Personal licence holder is a bonus.
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business – particularly on site
- Strong product knowledge of both food & drink KERB Seven Dials Market serves
- Experiences with events and activations is preferred
- Experience using Sevenrooms booking platform preferred
- You will receive 20% off food and drink at Seven Dials Market, KERB Markets and 15% food and drink at the National Theatre
- Perks at Work – access to 30,000+ national & local employee discounts
- Full training provided
- Career progression – international expansion
- Access to Hospitality Action Employee Assistance programme
- CODEapp annual membership
- Team Socials
As part of our values, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity at KERB. We actively celebrate our teams’ different abilities, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone, from any background, is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us. Applicants are encouraged to share with our People Team any accommodation or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.