WHAT: HR & Payroll Officer WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Head of People LOCATION: In the office (Shoreditch) / Seven Dials Market (Covent Garden) SALARY: From £30K
KERB’s vision is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up. We operate markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful corporate catering arm, KERB Events Ltd.
As part of the People and Finance team you will be responsible for effective and efficient management of the payroll and HR administration function across the KERB group.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- Processing of the permanent monthly and bi-weekly hourly paid team members with 100% accuracy, ensuring deadlines are met
- Act as the first point of contact for employees and managers for any payroll or employment queries
- Ensure compliance with HMRC employment regulations
- Process transactions relating to salary sacrifice schemes and company benefits
- Upload pension information to NEST ensuring accuracy of information at all times
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure all monthly PAYE / NIC payments are processed in a timely manner
- Annual documents filed with HMRC ie P11Ds
- Administration and management of company benefits including pensions, gym membership, company phones etc
- Generate and produce HR administration, such as offer letters, contracts, references and file correctly in line with legal compliance and best practice
- Management of the employee enrolment process ensuring that we adhere to all legalities involved, including Right to work checks and IR35 for freelance contractors
- Full management of HR & payroll systems and database ensuring all employee data and documents are updated and maintained
- Work with the Head of People to review and embed HR processes
- Management of careers inbox and scheduling interviews for managers and candidates
- Work closely with Head of People and Seven Dials Market General Manager on recruitment and resource levels of casual team members, including writing job adverts and organising and conducting group recruitment sessions
- Provide an excellent people service to all new joiners, existing team members and leavers
- Uphold a culture and environment where people want to work
- Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- 2 – 5 years experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running.
- Experience in working with Xero
- If you’ve worked in hospitality – even better!
- Solid understanding of HR practices and employment law
- CIPD Qualified or similar
- Highly numerate
- A highly organised individual with a keen eye for attention to detail
WHO ARE LOOKING FOR?
- A real people person who thrives on connecting with people and making people feel good- making HR & finance fun!
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!)
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com
DEADLINE: Monday 18th June