WHAT: Retail Catering Manager - KERB @ ExCeL WHEN: August/September 2021 REPORTS TO: General Manager @ ExCel LOCATION: ExCeL London SALARY: £35,000
KERB’s vision is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up. We operate markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful corporate catering arm, KERB Events Ltd.
KERB Events Limited is a joint venture with Compass Group UK. As part of this partnership, KERB will be taking over the retail food and beverage contract at ExCeL London in partnership with Levy UK, a subsidiary of Compass Group. KERB will be providing retail catering via our independent food traders and will also be running all retail coffee and bar outlets.
The Cafe and Bar manager will lead our high turnover cafes (2) & bar unit, delivering exceptional hospitality, working alongside independent suppliers, training and developing staff while achieving financial KPI’s.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a multi-outlet venue ideally in the retail hospitality sector, managing an on-site team including freelance staff, a passion for food and service, dedicated to delivering exceptional hospitality.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the GM you will be responsible for:
- Support and assist in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the bar and cafe units at all times including financial, H&S and people targets.
- Strong knowledge and experience with independent drink brands and bar management, sourcing best value and implementing efficiencies.
- Responsible for teams performance and knowledge levels on both food & drink ensuring a real enthusiasm for the products.
- Site stock management, including regular stock takes and liaising with the onsite logistics manager for all ordering and deliveries.
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Uphold a culture and environment where people want to work
- Work closely with the General Manager and our staffing partner on recruitment, training and compliance for members of the Cafe & Bar teams
- Rota production achieving financial targets
- 2 – 3 years experience of working within venues, cafes, bars or for a contract catering company having led a team of 10+ people
- Experience of working in a multi-unit environment, ideally in hospitality and/or retail
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Customer service focused with a keen eye for detail
- Personal Licence Holder
- Knowledge of food Health & Safety
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to all key stakeholders
- Positive and flexible attitude, a real do-er with an openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the independent food industry and wider food scene of London
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com
DEADLINE: 7 August 2021. We will start interviewing asap, so please hit us up straight away.