WHAT: Learning & Development Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Head of People LOCATION: Shoreditch & Rest of London SALARY: £40k - £45k
KERB is a membership organisation dedicated to the incubation and acceleration of London’s most innovative and delicious street food businesses. KERB runs exceptional street food markets, one-off food events, bars, workshops, consultancy, and has developed a successful corporate catering wing.
With growth comes exciting opportunities and we are looking for a hungry (literally) strategic and experienced Learning and Development Manager to join the People Team. The L&D manager will design and deliver a world-class L&D strategy to not only meet the operational needs of the business, but to support us on our journey to become recognised as the best place to work, making sure our teams are thriving.
You will be responsible for managing the full employee development lifecycle, ensuring that the teams are fulfilled, engaged and growing in their roles. We want our people to reach their full potential and see KERB as a long-term career, not just a stop-gap. We know our business thrives because of the people in it, and we want to ensure they are at the heart of everything we do, and every decision we make.
As the L&D manager, you will lead with empathy ensuring you are approachable, authentic and have a ‘can do’ attitude. One of our values is to ‘bring the hustle’ because we are always looking to do things differently, think outside the box and be innovative. We aren’t tick-boxers, we make decisions that genuinely support the people in KERB to be industry leaders and love what they do. If this is what you believe in then this could be the role for you.
Reporting to the Head of People, the L&D Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating and delivering the Learning and Development strategy across the KERB Group for both head office and venue employees
- Identifying learning and skills gaps, designing and developing learning solutions, completing assessments and evaluations, and providing training to our team
- Identifying the best methods of training to ensure productivity and effectiveness, with a blend of workshops, virtual and external providers
- Identifying and collating new starters skills and training needs whilst welcoming them to the organisation with a view to spotting the stars of the future and aligning them with career pathways, identifying potential floating team members for venues and training champions for the business
- Creating a succession pathway for all levels within the business, to help individuals guide their own careers by offering training and resources
- Analysing the results of company training and ensure the training put in place is effectively closing the gaps
- Developing strong working relationships with various key stakeholders such as managers, the wider people team and onsite operational teams
- Planning and managing training budgets and assessing the return on investment of all L&D programmes
- Planning, arranging and managing all internal and external training courses
- Managing the administration of training records for all staff on HR database and LMS Platform
- Working with apprenticeship programme external providers and maintaining a good working relationship
- Overseeing and ultilising current LMS to create bespoke and meaningful training materials and packs relating to;
- Induction and onboarding
- Leadership and management training
- Compliance and H&S training
- Internal performance reviews and appraisals
- Educating key stakeholders and managers on their role of developing their teams as an essential part of their roles
- Having a keen eye on market trends and opportunities within the industry
- Someone that has worked in hospitality, restaurants and bars would be a real bonus
- CIPD in L&D practise desirable
- Experience of working with and implementing a LMS, experience of FLOW desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- A hands-on person who can hit the ground running