WHAT: Compliance & Logistics Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Head of Operations and Logistics LOCATION: National Theatre SALARY: £36,000 - £42,000
The National Theatre, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB’s vision is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up. We operate markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful corporate catering arm, KERB Events Ltd.
KERB Events Limited is a joint venture with Compass Group UK. As part of this partnership, KERB Events Limited will become the sole F&B provider for this high-profile performance venue in central London, looking after all public-facing catering as well as internal hospitality and commercial events.
Reporting to the Head of Operations to ensure all stock and equipment is managed, controlled and distributed in the most efficient way to achieve operational and financial objectives. Ensure that all aspects of company and legislative compliance are adhered to.
Provide strong leadership while delivering and managing a full compliance & logistics operation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
A collaborative approach is encouraged to help grow and develop this JD in the initial months of the job holders commencement.
- Manage receiving, storage and distribution of stock and equipment at and throughout the venue so that all areas are operating to their maximum and legislative potential, and or as dictated by the event days schedule.
- Investigate and find a solution for any delivery discrepancies
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical stock counts and reconciling with the stock systems.
- Complete regular equipment inventory maintenance checklists and advise The Head of Operations, and or suppliers of actions required to make good.
- Collaborate with venue HOD’s and KEL group H&S team to ensure that legislative training, associated documentation and systems are maintained.
- Complete and review risk assessments for all areas of the operation. Report and present action plan for areas requiring action.
- Key point of contact for any visiting local authorities.
- Oversee cellar management, stock rotation, cleaning etc.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed on a timely basis for stock and goods in/out.
- Checking invoices and losses and ensuring they are input correctly and in due time.
- Working within Budget requirements to ensure all expenditure is accounted for within companies’ financial systems and or necessary approval is obtained in advance of purchase.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Plan and organise yourself and your teams to manage workloads and prioritise requests.
- Complete regular one 2 one performance reviews with your direct reports and review action plans.
- Take advice and action any areas which require disciplinary investigation within your direct reports
- Attend and contribute to regular management meetings, and feedback all agreed action points.
- Maintain staff morale and our KERB standards.
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!)
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com