WHAT: Market Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: General Manager LOCATION: London SALARY: £28k
KERB is a membership organisation dedicated to the incubation and acceleration of London’s most innovative and delicious street food businesses. KERB runs exceptional street food markets, one-off food events, workshops, consultancy, bars and has developed a successful corporate catering wing.
Our newest project is the biggest yet – Seven Dials Market, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden. It is open seven days a week from 11am-11pm and delivers an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during a busy lunch and as a nighttime destination.
You will be the first point of contact for tenants within the Seven Dials Market. You will need to understand their businesses, monitor and support them in improving their overall performance including compliance, sales growth and levels of customer service. Taking ownership of the market ensuring all front and back of house areas are in keeping with the operational standards set out by KERB. Working on a rota basis to cover all trading periods ensuring compliance to operational standards and licence agreements.
Leading a team of floor staff and freelance contractors you will be an ambassador for KERB working with 3rd party suppliers such as security and cleaning to ensure that the service level agreements are achieved. You will assist the marketing team in staging events including set-up, execution, management and communications. You will engage with traders and customers to deliver London’s greatest street food hall.
You will have experience of working in a large space and you could be from a retail or F&B background however what you will be is passionate about food, hungry for success and dedicated to delivering the very highest standards to ensure you are setting an example to the team that you are leading.
- Take ownership of Seven Dials Market as London’s Greatest Food Hall
- When on duty, oversee the day to day operation and ensure the market is operated to the highest standards daily
- Work with the management team to set clear roles and responsibilities for supervisors and floor staff
- Ensure the traders are complying with the expectations that are set out for them
- Work as part of the management team to monitor and manage subcontractors such as cleaning companies and suppliers to ensure delivery of their Service Level Agreements
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for KERB within the Covent Garden community
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the General Manager in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times
- Assist in operating and maintaining the market to maximize profitability whilst ensuring that standards and policies are maintained
- Lead by example at all times as an ambassador for seven dials
- Seven Dials Market P&L
- KPI’s for Seven Dials Market
- Line management of Supervisors
- Support the GM to manage the overall logistics of the site including waste, cleaning, clearing, H&S, deliveries etc
- Cash Management of the site which will include the KERB Bar
- Health and Safety for site
- Food Safety Standards
- Personal Licence Holder
- Proactive management of tenants performance and standards
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and traders
- Experience of working in a large space environment
- Background in retail or F&B having led a team of 20+ heads
- Ability to communicate clearly and set achievable objectives
- Customer service focused
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live.
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com