WHAT: Market Support Crew WHEN: December 2019 REPORTS TO: Market Manager LOCATION: Covent Garden SALARY: £10.75ph
WE ARE HIRING! We are looking for some experienced Cleaning Operatives to build our Market Support team and join the team at Seven Dials Market, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden.
Open seven days a week from 11am-11pm, Seven Dials Market delivers an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment, meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during busy lunchtimes and as a nighttime destination.
You will be responsible for the highest level of cleanliness ensuring that all areas remain clean, free from clutter and debris whilst adhering to health and safety standards. You must show a willingness to learn, and take direction from senior members of the team. You will need to show that you are able to work independently, use your own initiative and stay calm in a busy environment. You will need to be well presented and professional as the role involves interacting with customers, so you will need to be able to communicate effectively and confidently. You will represent and uphold Seven Dials Market public image at all times.
- Arrive punctually for every shift, in a complete, clean uniform and follow the signing-in procedure.
- Support Seven Dials Market team and food vendors maintain high levels of cleanliness.
- Responsible for ensuring Seven Dials Market’s reputation is maintained through attention to standards of personal hygiene & appearance, venue maintenance and storage of equipment and conduct on-premises
- Responsible for waste removal, empty bins and ensure waste and food waste is disposed of safely and correctly.
- Ensure all equipment, products and any other company property is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- Emptying and cleaning all bins including the front of house bins and similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops
- Using electrically powered scrubbing/polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish tables, furniture and any other external surfaces. In addition to removing chewing gum and graffiti.
- Speak to customers in a friendly and polite manner, always upholding Seven Dials Market’s customer service standards.
- Confidently give directions, and food and beverage recommendations as and when asked by customers.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels etc).
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks and water replenishment areas.
- Toilets are monitored hourly including sanitary bins checked and cleaned, and bins in toilets cleaned.
- Ensure wet floor signs and any other signage are properly placed as and when required. • Use chemicals as trained.
- Keep stores areas neat and tidy.
- Be aware of responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at Work and follow all procedures.
- Fully responsible for upholding Seven Dials Market’s values and working practices.
- Ensure compliance with all site-specific rules, all Head Office directives and any additional rules required by the management team.
- Ensure areas are cleaned safely avoiding cross-contamination, and extra care is given to areas where food and beverages are stored, prepared and served.
- Make certain all trays, plates and bowls are returned to the kitchen for the Kitchen Porter and then are in clean and in constant rotation.
- Maintain a climate of trust – be fair and honest in everything you do • Guarantee replenishment of consumables e.g. soap, and toilet.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the nappy change area making sure it remains clean and fresh.
- Be responsible for glass replenishment at water stations and making sure glasses are polished before distributing.
- Assist with end of night clean down, guaranteeing everything is replenished and ready for the next day.
- Make certain bus boxes are distributed.
- Ensure all checklists are followed.
- Certify all due diligence followed.
- All PPE followed is followed and H&S is adhered to.
- Waste Management as required by the management team.
- Be part of the Seven Dials Market family.
- Good command of the English language.
- Committed to guest and colleague care.
- A fast learner with an interest in food and beverage.
- Outstanding organisational and prioritising skills.
- Demonstrate pride in the appearance of the workplace and a desire to maintain excellent levels of cleanliness throughout.
- A confident, friendly and approachable personality, able to communicate with customers where necessary
- Have good working relationships with everyone they come into contact with at work, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional way.
- Able and willing to take direction from senior team members
- Actively listen to and able to learn from other team members
- Willing to attend role-based training as and when required.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to stay calm and focused in a busy environment.
- Able to build strong relationships with team members.
- Physically fit to carry out duties.
- Able to stand for long periods of time in various temperatures.
Please feel free to spread the word.