WHAT: Operations Manager WHEN: June/July 2021 REPORTS TO: Operations Director LOCATION: In the office (Shoreditch) / out and about / nationwide SALARY: £35K
KERB is dedicated to the incubation and growth of innovative and delicious food businesses. We run exceptional street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
As part of the events operations team, you will work to deliver stellar operations across all events and projects. This role is suited to a ferociously ambitious and talented event professional with experience of operating and planning events and projects at different venues week-in-week-out. You’ll need to thrive on providing sensational service, commercially savvy and financially capable, In love with the food and beverage industry and come with a creative streak and a head for multi-tasking and problem-solving.
Main responsibilities and duties include:
- End to end project management of all KERB events and projects working closely with sales, logistics, suppliers, staffing agencies, freelancers and venues.
- Liaising with the events sales team to understand the operational needs of each event and project
- On-site management of events and projects as main operational contact
- Work closely with all KERB venues maintaining strong relationships.
- The set-up and operation of outdoor events, including liaising with outdoor-event specific suppliers
- Working closely with KERB’s finance team on the financial management of all event operations
- Advanced experience of working with EPOS and stock management systems, experience of working with GoodTill is a real bonus.
- Experience in event retails offerings to include bars and cafes.
- Strong knowledge and experience with independent drink brands and bar management, sourcing best value and implementing efficiencies.
- Creating and cultivating food and drink menus for projects
- Ordering and stock management for both drink and event equipment/requirements
- Work closely with KERB’s staffing partner for all staffing requirements including front of house staff, bar staff and operational support staff
- Responsibility for on-site quality control to include staff, bars and traders and feeding back any issues via the appropriate channels
- Responsibility for pre-event and on-site health & safety
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Uphold a culture and environment where people want to work
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2 – 5 years experience of working in event or project management, ideally for a catering, event management or festival company
- An understanding of the current London-based events and catering industry
- Experience in events health & safety and food safety
- Strong understanding of EPOS/till set-up and management
- Experience in running large scale events or projects
- Experience in retail events / bars is ideal
- An interest in the independent food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make events more exciting
- A keen commercial eye and attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relationships
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Outstanding hustle
- Personal License is required
- Drivers license is preferable
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!), including some unsociable hours and weekends.
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com
DEADLINE: 11th June 2021