WHAT: Creative Marketing Assistant (temporary to permanent) WHEN: Immediate start/ASAP REPORTS TO: Creative Director/Marketing Manager LOCATION: Old St and Seven Dials Market SALARY: £26K-30K, pro-rata, depending on experience
KERB is a unique company with a whole raft of elements to promote all year round: from KERB lunch markets, to our private/corporate catering wing, large-scale one-off public events and startup workshops. Underpinning this is the importance of telling the story of KERB as culture, community and leader in the London food scene. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly dynamic business, take on genuine responsibility and deliver real impact as we grow.
We are looking for an agile and driven person to join our team on a short term basis, with a view to a full time role at the end of the initial contract. The successful candidate’s main role will be facilitating the marketing strategy for the launch of our new food hall Seven Dials Market, due to open in September. This person will need to have a broad range of design skills, experience in marketing and be able to slot into and thrive in a busy environment.
- Great creativity on design, marketing and problem solving – able to both complete tasks given as well as identify opportunities and use initiative!
- Taking design templates, guidelines and raw assets to create physical and digital collateral for the venue and marketing campaign
- Supporting the marketing manager in implementing the operational elements of the marketing campaign in the run up, during and post-launch
- Working with the marketing manager to develop a database/loyalty strategy that focuses heavily on customer experience and repeat business
- Supporting the marketing team with admin tasks such as staying on top of budgets, processing invoices and keeping the project planner up to date
- Support and/or completion of any tasks outlined for any KERB promotions/activity
- Being diligent and organised to make sure all tasks laid out in the project planner are completed
- To drive straight into the job at hand with a view to be taken on board full time in October
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Taking on specific tasks from the project planner to aid the promotion of KERB brands and Seven Dials Market
- Assisting with local outreach plans
- Creation of social assets from raw design files
- Creation of physical venue collateral from raw design files
- Design and amendments of newsletters
- Designing of branded merchandise
- Supporting public activations and live marketing across the brands
- Attending weekly strategy meetings with Marketing Manager and Creative Director
- Maintenance of the website to ensure it is always up to date with latest news, events and operational developments
- Administration of finance, budgets and invoices
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- As a bonus this person would have basic skills in video editing and animation
- Someone with a broad range of skills and willing to support the team across multiple areas of the business
- Tenacious and resilient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and independent. Can take control and get things done
- Someone who is good with spreadsheets and data, as well as more visual communication.
- Experience of project management and ability to manage all aspects of a project to completion
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- IDEALLY someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com ASAP – we want to hire for this quickly.