WHAT: Partnerships Manager - Sports, Stadia and Venues (Midlands) WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Head of Partnerships LOCATION: Midlands based sports venues and flexible working SALARY: £35k
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
KERB Events Limited is a joint venture with Compass Group UK. As part of this partnership, KERB Events Limited has taken on a variety of projects at Midlands-based football clubs, including Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and Wolverhampton Wanderers. This new role will manage all match day activities at these clubs, as well as continue the growth of the local street food community in these areas.
This is a really exciting opportunity that will be instrumental to KERB’s national growth and give you the opportunity to shape the future of our new venture.
The day to day will include:
- Pre-event planning for all match day activations to include KERB fan zones and fixed kiosks
- On-site management of all match day activations to include KERB fan zones and fixed kiosks
- Acting as the main point of contact for the venue teams at all stadia, both pre-event and on-site
- Working closely with the bars team to plan and deliver bars across all events
- Working closely with KERB’s finance team on all post-match financial administration
- Management of event-specific budgets, ensuring that all events are hitting target GPs
- Providing regular and accurate financial reports to the Head of Partnerships and finance team and on occasion the MD and FD
- Working closely with the venue teams to expand KERB’s offer where appropriate
- Building close relationships with Midlands-based street food traders and independent businesses to build, retain and grow this community
- Identify and cultivate new traders and food businesses who would fit the KERB ethos
- Be the main point of contact for this growing trader community, offering them support and providing excellent communication
- Understand, analyse and monitor trader performance
- Identifying new regional opportunities that might benefit from KERB’s offer
- Collaborate with KERB’s marketing teams to promote our Midlands-based activities and our trader community and to develop unique content for our customers
- At least 2 years experience of account management, ideally in the events or hospitality sectors and looking to build something from scratch
- Must be based in Birmingham, Nottingham or the surrounding areas
- Bar experience preferred
- Strong commercial awareness
- Great communication skills
- A self-starter, with the ability to manage projects from start to finish
- Experience working with varied stakeholders
- An understanding of food and restaurant operations
- Level 3 food hygiene certification highly desirable
- Tech savvy and quick to learn new technologies
- Experience of EPOS systems – if you’ve used Good Till, even better!
- An strong interest and knowledge in the independent food industry and wider food scene of the Midlands
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to talk to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relationships
- Proactive / self-starter with lots of initiative
- Drivers licence
- A love of food
- Outstanding hustle