WHAT: Recruitment and Staffing Manager WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Head of People LOCATION: KERB HQ, Shoreditch SALARY: £40,000 per annum HOURS: 40 per week
WHAT: Recruitment and Staffing Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of People
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London, a social enterprise (KERB+) and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up.
The role of Recruitment and Staffing Manager will support KERB through the next phase of growth and ensure the smooth running of our team recruitment from start to finish. You will constantly find new and better ways to make the recruitment process with KERB the most efficient, innovative and cost effective it can be.
You are a clear communicator who can work with stakeholders at all levels of the business to ensure that our Recruitment & Selection Policy and process is always being followed correctly. Developing relationships with ease, an eye for spotting talent and ensuring we appoint the right person into the right role each and every time are your super powers.
You will be working closely with the Head of People and the People and Culture Director to ensure that our Recruitment and Selection for temporary and permanent job roles, freelancers/contractors, staffing for events, internships, work experience and graduate opportunities is best in class.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead on all recruitment across the groups maintaining quality ensuring that diverse teams are built for optimal performance
- End to end responsibility and management of the recruitment, selection and staffing process including;
- Drafting and posting job adverts
- Updating the careers page on the website
- Managing the Company LinkedIn profile
- Using Linkedin to build relationships and find talent
- Carefully filtering through applications as part of the pre-screening process
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Collating candidate feedback regularly updating relevant team members on status
- Develop recruitment strategy and roadmap
- Conduct a review of all role related materials such as job descriptions, job adverts to ensure compliance, consistency and impact
- Take on site visits as necessary to understand the location of the work
- Manage careers inbox, correctly filing applications and responding to every email delivering a quality applicant experience- even if it isn’t good news
- Conduct regular group recruitment sessions at Seven Dials Market to find new talent
- Full accountability for delivering on agreed levels of staff
- Support the attraction of top talent – build out employer brand with People and Culture Director
- Work on developing pipeline of talent for internships and graduate placements
- Understand KERB’s requirements and uphold a culture and environment where people want to work
- Ensure that the organisation has the right talent in the right places and work closely with the Learning & Development Manager to ensure that we ‘know our people’ so that our talent can be developed effectively which will ultimately help KERB to deliver on its business goals and strategy
- 2-3 years demonstrable experience working as a Recruitment specialist
- Outstanding admin skills
- Excellent communicator, able to work with all levels of the team and able to manage senior stakeholders
- Familiar and confident with the G-Suite would be preferable
- Experience with Harri and FLOW would be an advantage
- Wants to win awards for excellence
- Champions Hospitality as a career
- 20% off all KERB food & drink
- Hybrid/flexible working
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) + birthday day off
- CODE app
- Private Medical Insurance (Vitality)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave after 2 years
- Bonus scheme
- Lots of socials
- Personal training budget after 6 months
- Office snacks
As part of our values, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity at KERB. We actively celebrate our teams’ different abilities, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone, from any background, is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us. Applicants are encouraged to share with our People Team any accommodations or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.