WHAT: Safety Advisor WHEN: January REPORTS TO: Head of Health and Safety LOCATION: All SALARY: £30 - £40k (dependent on experience and qualifications) HOURS: 40
KERB is a business that empowers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
We are looking for a Safety Advisor to work as part of our H&S team, supporting all aspects of the business from Head Office, Events, markets and our Food Halls.
This role will be pivotal in ensuring that our business and the traders meet all H&S requirements and that we continue to operate in a compliant and safe way.
- To carry out health and safety and food hygiene audits and inspections and produce comprehensive reports to deliver to the KERB Team.
- To carry out risk assessments (occupational, manual handling, personal protective equipment).
- To complete investigations into alleged food poisoning, allergic reaction and foreign body complaints.
- To provide feedback to the Food Team and KERB Management where necessary following visits to trader units to assist with the improvement of relationships between KERB and KERB Members.
- To produce training material and provide Health & Food Safety training to our members and KERB Team.
- To work closely with colleagues to develop and deliver a strategy for continual improvement in health and safety culture, performance, and practices.
- To maintain relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- To keep up to date with current health and safety legislation and ensuring compliance with this legislation.
- To keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- To provide practicable and professional advice and assistance to staff of all levels.
- To use Alert 65 to monitor the members’ health & food safety documentation, ensuring it is compliant and up to date.
- At least 2 years experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the current Health & Safety, Food Safety and Environmental legislation.
- An in-depth knowledge of food safety and have a keen eye for detail.
- Qualifications: minimum of Level 3 Managing Food Safety
- Experience of conducting food safety and health and safety audits of hospitality premises.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build long lasting relationships.
- Ability to provide a constructive approach with KERB Members and forge a professional and valued relationship.
- Prior experience working with Alert65 is preferred.
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written. It is important that you are able to provide clear and concise support and leadership to the team and can build relationships with the suppliers, third parties, stakeholders and the KERB Team.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, you’ll be flexible and adaptable in your work week and understand that no one day is the same and unsociable hours will sometimes be required.
- This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family.
- 20% off all KERB food & drink
- Hybrid/flexible working
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) + birthday day off
- CODE app
- Private Medical Insurance (Vitality)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave after 2 years
- Bonus scheme
- Lots of socials
- Personal training budget after 6 months
- Office snacks
As part of our values, we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity at KERB. We actively celebrate our teams’ different abilities, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone, from any background, is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us. Applicants are encouraged to share with our People Team any accommodations or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.