WHAT: Supervisor WHEN: ASAP REPORTS TO: Assistant General Manager LOCATION: National Theatre, Southbank SALARY: £12.52 Per Hour
The National Theatre, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB’s vision is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the kerb up. We operate markets, one-off events, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a successful corporate catering arm, KERB Events Ltd.
KERB Events Limited is a joint venture with Compass Group UK. As part of this partnership, KERB Events Limited will become the sole F&B provider for this high-profile performance venue in central London, looking after all public-facing catering as well as internal hospitality and commercial events.
Reporting to the Assistant General Managers of Theatres, Bars and Cafes, you are
responsible for providing a highly visible supervisory Front of House function, greeting
and engaging with customers; directing them and providing information and assistance,
monitoring service flow and managing queries as required. You will lead, supervise,
motivate and support to coordinate team members to ensure delivery of a world class
customer service experience to all patrons of the National Theatre. You will take pride in
always having adequate stock for service, knowing which team members are on rota for
the shift and ensuring workspaces are kept clean and presentable at all times. You will
take an active role in the induction, training and development of new staff.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Checking all stock deliveries, ensuring efficient stock rotation is taking place,
ensuring items issued to other departments are retrieved or accounted for
Ensuring all equipment, fixtures and fittings are in efficient working order and are
- Being available for team support at all times
- Staying vigilant to security matters at all times
- Acting as an example for other team members by demonstrating consistently high standards of service
- Taking a warm, welcoming, approachable and professional pride in how you are presented and how KERB spaces are presented
- Possessing the ability to promote and sell our products through a working knowledge of all our outlets, services and products
- Helping audiences and visitors find their way around the Theatre and KERB spaces so that they get the most out of their visit
- Pre-empting customers needs and providing an informed and tailored level of information and support, always aiming to exceed expectations
- Being solution focussed and working to find the the best outcome for the customer
- Always looking for ways to improve and actively feedback constructive ideas
- Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required
- To perform all logistical and administrative duties necessary to ensure the smooth operation of commercial operations areas.
- Undertaking any required training and professional development as determined by your managers
- To comply with KERB employment policies and general laws and regulations at all times (e.g. Licensing Laws, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Health and Safety etc)
- Living and breathe our core values and company ethos in everything you do and say to help develop a positive, open and inclusive culture
- Making sure all security issues, HSE hazards, accidents, incidents, illness and diseases are reported in line with our safety protocols and living the safety first culture, acting as an example at all times
- Supporting the whole team to ensure we meet all legal and company requirements for fire, food safety, health, safety and hygiene
- Available to work to a flexible shift pattern
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of staff supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under front line pressure whilst maintaining a professional
approach to providing an efficient and effective service at all times
- A Highly enthusiastic and motivated team player who can demonstrate a genuine
passion for providing first class customer service
- Ability to inspire others and motivate the team to achieve sales targets
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment and to think on your feet
- Experience of cash handling and processing high volume sales is highly desirable
- Here to help attitude – we are better as a team
- Passionate about food
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and problem solve
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in from time to time on non-designated
areas of the business
- Outstanding hustle and heaps of energy!