WHAT: Warehouse and Logistics Manager WHEN: March 2020 REPORTS TO: Operations Director LOCATION: Based mainly at the warehouse (Leyton) and on occasion working evenings and weekends if necessary. SALARY: £28k
KERB needs a warehouse and logistics manager to assist and develop effective operational processes to increase productivity across all departments of the business.
You’ll hit the ground running and take immediate ownership alongside our warehouse operative of the day to day operations of the KERB warehouse, monitoring and maintaining correct stock levels and distribution with 100% accuracy. Ensuring that the day-to-day operations of KERB run smoothly.
THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
Logistics & Stock/Equipment Management
- Manage distribution of event kit and stock at multiple sites around London
- Monthly audits of the warehouse
- Build relationships with suppliers, negotiate deals and ensure that costs are controlled at all times.
- Maintaining relationships with fixed site traders
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical stock counts and reconciling with the stock system
- Cellar management – ensure stock costs are being controlled.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed in a timely basis for stock and goods in/out.
- Comfortable with handling goods – loading or unloading vehicles and packing or unpacking pallets.
- Ensure stock movements to fixed sites are done in the most cost-efficient way.
- Manage our equipment, ensure cost saving measures are in the place to keep our equipment in working order.
- Ensure all vehicles are kept up to the highest standard and maintained regularly
- Ensure the warehouse is kept tidy at all times.
- Book event porters and van drivers
- Develop and train a team of warehouse porters
- Maintain staff morale and our KERB standards
- Ultimately responsible that events have required equipment and BOH team
Health & Safety
- Ensuring all warehouse health and safety standards are maintained.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of event safety systems across events and markets.
- Be familiar with working in a fast paced, high pressure environment where the quality of service provided is key
- To ensure Pat testing is done in the correct time
- Excellent planning and organising skills to manage workloads and prioritise requests.
- Checking invoices and losses and ensure they are being put on correctly and in due time.
- Ensure our fixed sites invoices are being recorded and processed
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Working within Budget requirements and ensuring all income and expenditure is accounted for within companies’ financial systems.
- Manage rosters to ensure we are at all times cost-efficient
- Train and develop all staff – Staff wellbeing and safety is the priority
- With the help of HR to recruit warehouse staff
This list is in no way exhaustive and the incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks to help out the KERB family (within reason!)
- Clean driving license / confident driving large vehicles
- Health and safety knowledge – understanding RAMS/COSHH
- Experience of working with an EPOS system
- Proactive / self-starter with tons of initiative
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to clients and traders in a consultative manner and developing long-term relations
- Ability to adapt communication style according to the audience
- Experience of project management
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve (team player essential)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate and conduct oneself in a clear, diplomatic and authoritative manner
- Good negotiator and eye on the bottom line
- Experience of using booking systems.
- Experience of working with Xero accounting system.
- 2 Years’ experience in managing logistics and a warehouse
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com