We have made a name for ourself as a leader in the UK’s exciting and diverse street food industry. We exist to back raw talent, make London’s streets more delicious and create a platform for brilliant, independent businesses – from startups to seasoned pros – to thrive across our many markets, events and beyond.
As KERB thrives and the team expands we find ourselves in need of a creative, entrepreneurial and multifaceted marketer to own and develop the KERB brand, manage all day-to-day marketing activities and deliver successful campaigns and content across all our channels.
APPLY BY: 12/01/18
LOCATION: Camden – and across London
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Full-time, permanent
SALARY: c. £30k pa + generous benefits package
START DATE: January 2018
To plan, manage and measure all marketing output across the company. We are a growing team and this is a new role that requires a multi-skilled, clued-up and results-driven person to work alongside the Head of Marketing and execute all marketing and communications activities, while consciously elevating and ensuring total consistency of the KERB brand.
KERB is a unique company with a whole raft of elements to promote all year round. From the regular lunch markets, to our private/corporate catering wing, large-scale one-off public events and workshops – underpinning this is telling the story of KERB as culture, community and leader in the London food scene. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly dynamic business and have a real impact and genuine responsibility.
This is a practical role – and in a small team – so the ability to understand our wider marketing objectives and translate these into a comprehensive and measurable communications and content plan and to execute ideas effectively, is fundamental. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for all our marketing channels, the day-to-day output across the departments and always delivering a beautifully written and visual tone of voice.
As such, you will need to have diverse marketing experience, ideally across branding, content, digital, PR, experiential / events and CRM. You will also need to be extremely organised with excellent attention to detail, a careful planner and good communicator.
- Planning of all marketing activity in the business
- Executing and ensuring consistency of our communications across all channels
- Widening our comms mix and looking for new and innovative ways of reaching our customers
- Improving data capture and customer insight
- Creating processes for better briefing, day-to-day management and measurement of output
- Managing budget and resource
- Enabling us to be reactive to market and business changes, while still ensuring quality and consistency of communications
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Customer database growth and CRM
- Website optimisation and SEO
- Setup and management of all SEM (AdWords, Facebook Ads etc.)
- Content & Social media strategy (alongside our social media manager)
- Event and lunch market activation and promotion
- Local outreach and development of local business partnerships and relationships
- Owning the KERB brand and constantly developing our guidelines
- In-house PR (with external support)
- Developing relationships with external agencies and parties (i.e. for design, photography, videography, web dev, PR etc.)
- Administration of finances and marketing assets
- Weekly departmental planning and ideation meetings
- Monthly results-focused reporting and strategy meetings
- Managing our social media manager
- Someone with diverse marketing experience. Minimum 4 years.
- Tenacious, with excellent attention to detail.
- A storyteller.
- Equipped with outstanding hustle.
- Does not need to be micromanaged. Can take control and get things done.
- Someone who is creative, with a very visual eye, but who is equally comfortable with spreadsheets and data.
- Experience of project management and ability to manage all aspects of a project to completion
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live.
- A CV
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us what makes you perfect for the role, with examples of how you fit the brief.
Deadline is Friday 22nd December, but if an exceptional candidate is found we may employ sooner.