WHAT: Bar Supervisor (Seven Dials Market)
WHEN: August 2019
REPORTS TO: Bar General Manager
LOCATION: Covent Garden
Our next project is the biggest yet – Seven Dials Market, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden. It will be open seven days a week from 11am-11pm and deliver an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during a busy lunch and as a nighttime destination.
Working as part of the team, to efficiently manage the bars during service. Establishing the kind of relaxed, yet professional, friendly, knowledgeable and independent relationship that will encourage customers to visit KERB Counter time after time.
Helping ensure a professional, efficient fleet of talented bartenders who openly educate the customer with their knowledge continually increasing our appeal & reputation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision, preparation & service of drink ensuring excellent preparation & the highest quality standards are maintained
- Responsible for day to day management of bartenders, bar backs and floor crew
- Competent in opening & closing the business, EOD cashing up in line with management standards & operational procedures
- Support training schedules for all new crew – lead by example – KERB’s values at the heart of all your actions
- To provide ongoing training to all bar crew, ensure techniques of good bar service are consistently met
- To ensure that all cleaning duties are completed by the team – cleaning schedules adhered to stringently – time to lean, time to clean!
- To assist the management team in all other managerial duties as requested
- Maintain excellent standards front & back of house
- Responsible for cash & stock
- Implement incentives for the team, brief, monitor & evaluate
- Manage the control, receipt, storage, preparation & rotation of all stock in line with company procedure
- Complete daily & weekly checklists on: cleaning, opening & closing & wastage
- Feedback to GM any training requirements/needs you have
- Engage with staff policies including no phones behind the bar
- Be a big part in making The Counter a fun, welcoming environment for delicious drinks and fun times!
- Expect high standards
- Unrivaled levels of hospitality
- Innate understanding of relaxed, high-end hospitality
- Experience of working in a large space environment
- Must have a good understanding of drinks and cocktails
- Outstanding hustle
- Proactive / self-starter with tonnes of initiative
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to adapt communication style according to the audience
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to set targets and motivate the team in achieving them and reporting on progress
- Positive and flexible attitude, a real team player
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate and conduct oneself in a clear, diplomatic and authoritative manner
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in
- Always serve it up straight!
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com.