LOCATIONS: a mix of King’s Cross, Camden and new KERB locations due to launch.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 3-5 days a week. One of the roles includes weekends.
SALARY: £20-24k pa starting salary, with generous benefits package and team perks.
START DATE: ASAP
We’re looking for some brilliant people to lead a mix of our existing and new markets this summer. Always wondered how best to get into street food? This is the place to start your KERB career!
Markets are where many of the long term KERB team started out, on the ground, working with our brilliant traders and keeping our markets in shape. It’s a fascinating job with a range of vital responsibilities – everything from selecting the traders you think the public want to try, to keeping the local offices and residents happy and enticing them to the market.
We estimate over 1.5m people will visit KERB markets across 2018 and we need a talented, enthusiastic team player to deliver an excellent market experience for the customer, trader and landowner (the people who rent us the spaces). We will be opening a number of new markets across 2018 – the successful candidates may be involved in developing new locations and overseeing existing KERB markets as we bed in the new opportunities.
The role encompasses ensuring the day-to-day of the market operations runs smoothly, working with the Head of Markets and Director of Operations to ensure all health and safety practices are implemented fully. Creativity and marketing are just as key – we want an all rounder keen to grow into a bigger role within the team -with stakeholder management, quality control (this includes eating!) and customer engagement all featuring prominently too. You will work three-five days a week and be outside all summer long!
The role suits someone hungry to get involved with KERB, with a keen eye for detail, good communication skills, understanding of the basics of H&S and previous experience of working with a diverse and lengthy range of stakeholders. A grasp of the street food world and previous experience working on a stall is a big plus. We need a can-do character with the hunger and expertise to push our markets forward to a new level.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsibility for the day to day operational management of one or more of our key markets
- Working with the Head of Markets and Operations Director to ensure all recommended health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Queue management and customer engagement – being the voice and face of KERB on the ground.
- Overseeing KERB promotions on site with assistance from the marketing team.
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders across email, phone and face-to-face. This involves the market landowners, their site teams, KERB team, market managers, traders, their staff and the public.
- Focusing on the customer experience at our markets and developing ways to enhance this.
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WITH:
- History and experience in street food.
- A clear and detailed understanding of health and safety issues.
- Knowledge of electricity, gas and food service operations.
- Strong people management skills, working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the best outcome for KERB and its traders.
- Proactive / self-starter able to focus and operate in a free-style work environment.
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to customers and traders and developing long-term relationships.
- An interest and understanding of the street food industry and wider food scene of London.
- Love of the outdoors and food’s role within the city.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve.
- A CV.
- A brief outline of your dream street food trader/business – what does KERB need?
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us why you’d like to work for KERB and what makes you good for the role, with examples of how you fit the brief.
This is an open deadline with new opportunities occurring throughout the summer. If an exceptional candidate is found we may employ straight away, so please apply ASAP.