LOCATIONS: Camden and Central London
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Five days a week, including weekends
SALARY: £20-22k pa + generous benefits package
START DATE: ASAP
This is a great opportunity to take on the day to day management of a spread of our markets. We estimate over 1m people will visit KERB markets across 2018 and we need a talented, enthusiastic team player to deliver an excellent market experience for the customer, trader and landowner. We will be opening a number of new markets across 2018 – the successful candidates may be involved in developing new locations and overseeing existing KERB markets as we bed in the new opportunities.
The role encompasses ensuring the day-to-day of the market operations runs smoothly, working with the Head of Markets and Director of Operations to ensure all health and safety practices are implemented fully. Stakeholder management, quality control (this includes eating!) and customer engagement all feature prominently. You will work five days a week and be outside all summer long!
The role suits someone hungry to get involved with KERB, with a keen eye for detail, good communication skills, understanding of the basics of H&S and previous experience of working with a diverse and lengthy range of stakeholders. A grasp of the street food world and previous experience working on a stall is a big plus. We need a can-do character with the hunger and expertise to push our markets forward to a new level.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsibility for the day to day operational management of three of our most important markets.
- Working with the Head of Markets and Operations Director to ensure all recommended health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Queue management and customer engagement – being the voice and face of KERB on the ground.
- Overseeing KERB promotions on site with assistance from the marketing team.
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders across email, phone and face-to-face. This involves the market landowners, their site teams, KERB team, market managers, traders, their staff and the public.
- Focusing on the customer experience at our markets and developing ways to enhance this.
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WITH:
- History and experience in street food.
- A clear and detailed understanding of health and safety issues.
- Knowledge of electricity, gas and food service operations.
- Strong people management skills, working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the best outcome for KERB and its traders.
- Proactive / self-starter able to focus and operate in a free-style work environment.
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to customers and traders and developing long-term relationships.
- An interest and understanding of the street food industry and wider food scene of London.
- Love of the outdoors and food’s role within the city.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve.
- A CV.
- An example of a substandard street food experience you’ve had at KERB or elsewhere, and an explanation of what you would have done to rectify the situation.
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us why you’d like to work for KERB and what makes you good for the role, with examples of how you fit the brief.
This is an open deadline with new opportunities occurring throughout the summer. If an exceptional candidate is found we may employ straight away, so please apply ASAP.