WE ARE HIRING: Market Managers
KERB has made a name for itself as a leader in London’s street food industry. We exist to back raw talent and create a platform for brilliant, independent businesses – from startups to seasoned pros – to thrive across our many markets, events and beyond.
The business has grown significantly over the last five years but markets remain our bread and butter and our shop window. We have a number of new markets kicking off this year and need a safe pair of hands to help us manage the growth.
APPLY BY: 12th Jan 2018.
LOCATION: Across London.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Three days a week.
SALARY: Day rate £80
START DATE: ASAP
This is a great opportunity to take on the day to day management of one of our markets. We estimate over 1m people will visit KERB markets across 2018-2019 and we need a talented, enthusiastic team player to deliver an excellent market experience for the customer, trader and landowner. We will be opening a number of new markets across 2018 – the successful candidates may be involved in developing new locations, or overseeing existing KERB markets as we bed in the new opportunities.
The role encompasses ensuring the day-to-day of the market operations runs smoothly, working with the Head of Markets and Operations Manager to ensure all health and safety practices are implemented fully. Stakeholder management, quality control (this includes eating!) and customer engagement all feature prominently. You will work three days a week from 9am to 4pm and be outside all year long!
The role suits someone hungry to get involved with KERB, with a keen eye for detail, good communication skills, understanding of the basics of H&S and previous experience of working with a diverse and lengthy range of stakeholders. A grasp of the street food world and previous experience working on a stall is a big plus. We need a can-do character with the hunger and expertise to push our markets forward to a new level.
THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsibility for the day to day operational management of a pop up KERB lunch market.
- Working with the Head of Markets and Operations Manager to ensure all recommended health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Queue management and customer engagement – being the voice and face of KERB on the ground.
- Overseeing KERB promotions on site with assistance from the marketing team.
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders across email, phone and face-to-face. This involves the market landowners, their site teams, KERB team, market managers, traders, their staff and the public.
- Focusing on the customer experience at our markets and developing ways to enhance this.
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WITH:
- History and experience in street food.
- A clear and detailed understanding of health and safety issues.
- Knowledge of electricity, gas and food service operations.
- Strong people management skills, working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the best outcome for KERB and its traders.
- Proactive / self-starter able to focus and operate in a free-style work environment.
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to customers and traders and developing long-term relationships.
- An interest and understanding of the street food industry and wider food scene of London.
- Love of the outdoors and food’s role within the city.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve.
- A CV.
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us why you’d like to work for KERB and what makes you good for the role, with examples of how you fit the brief.