WHAT: Market Manager (Seven Dials Market)
WHEN: August 2019
REPORTS TO: General Manager/ Assistant General Manager
LOCATION: Covent Garden
Our next project is the biggest yet – Seven Dials Market, a permanent, two-floor covered market in the heart of Covent Garden. It will be open seven days a week from 11am-11pm and deliver an array of produce, food retail, street food and entertainment meeting both the needs of Londoners and tourists throughout the day, during a busy lunch and as a nighttime destination.
This role encompasses ensuring the day-to-day of Seven Dials Market operations runs smoothly, working with the AGM to ensure all health and safety practices are implemented fully. Stakeholder management, quality control (this includes eating!) and customer engagement all feature prominently.
You will be the first point of contact for tenants within the Seven Dials Market. You will need to understand their businesses, monitor and support them in improving their overall performance including compliance, sales growth and levels of customer service. Taking ownership of the market ensuring all front and back of house areas are in keeping with the operational standards set out by KERB and Seven Dials Market . Working on a rota basis to cover all trading periods ensuring compliance to operational standards and licence agreements.
Being part of a team of Market Managers and freelance contractors you will be an ambassador for KERB and Seven Dials Market working with 3rd party suppliers such as security and cleaning to ensure that the service level agreements are achieved. You will assist the events team in staging events including set-up, execution, management and communications. You will engage with traders and customers to deliver London’s greatest street food hall.
- Take ownership of Seven Dials Market as London’s greatest food hall. Supporting the General Manager in all aspects of the operations to ensure the smooth running of the business at all times
- Oversee the day to day operation and ensure the market is operated to the highest standards daily
- Ensure the traders are complying with the expectations that are set out for them and all health and safety practises are adhered to
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to ensure delivery of their Service Level Agreements
- Queue management and customer engagement – being the voice and face of KERB/ Seven Dials Market on the ground
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support and assist in operating and maintaining the market to maximize profitability whilst ensuring that standards and policies are maintained
- Acting as a Brand Ambassador for KERB within the Covent Garden community
- KPI’s for Seven Dials Market
- Finance / opening up procedures and cashing out procedure
- Health and Safety for site
- Food Safety Standards
- Proactive management of tenants performance and standards
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and traders
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
- Experience of working in a large space environment
- Customer service focused
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- An openness to rolling up your sleeves and pitching in from time to time on non-designated areas of the business
- An interest in the street food industry and wider food scene of London
- Someone who has been to KERB markets and/or events, knows KERB and loves KERB, and who is passionate about working with small businesses to help make the city a better place to live.
Please submit your CV and short covering letter (500 words max) telling us what makes you perfect for the role to email@example.com.
ALSO HIRING FOR SDM: Bar Supervisor